Interested in supporting one of the 108 school gardens in DC? Connect with a school in your community in two easy steps to find out how you can help!
2. Contact the school’s main office and ask to speak to the Garden Coordinator or Principal to find out how you can support the school’s garden!
The needs of each school garden varies, but some possible tasks may include:
- garden maintenance, watering, weeding, etc.
- assisting with lessons in the garden
- planning garden celebrations, events
- program development/evaluation
- administrative tasks
- graphic design (events flyers, etc)
- coordinating volunteers and work days
- photographing garden activities
Questions? Contact Mary Alice at email@example.com.